After at least 7 hours of a meticulous screening procedure and then a round of voting, Prince Oluyemisi Adetayo Adeaga has emerged the President of the Nigerian Red Cross Society, Nigeria’s largest Humanitarian Organization. Prince Adeaga was elected alongside other National Officers and Advisers such as his deputy, Barrister Zubair Umar who was elected National Vice President. Prince Adeaga who promised to do his best to uplift the Nigerian Red Cross shortly took his oath of office alongside other National Officers and Advisers of the Nigeria Red Cross who had just been elected too. All the National Officers will serve an initial term of 4 years after which they may seek reelection.
Here is a full list of the freshly elected officers.
- Prince Oluwayemisi Adetayo Adeaga-National President
- Barrister Zubair Umar-National Vice President
- Barrister Muazu Dikwa-National Legal Adviser
- Mr. Edwin Ogidi-Gbebgaje -National Finance and Property Mgt Adviser
- Barrister Adamson Tanimu-National Disaster Management Adviser
- Hajia Ummu Mustapha- National Programme Planning Adviser
- Dr. Basil Okike Chidozie- National Health and Care Adviser
- Dr. Adamu Babbale-National Financial Resources Mobilization Adviser
- Mr. Sidney Osawaru- National Youth, Gender and Volunteer Adviser
- Chief Nworie Emmanuel -National Branch Development Adviser
- Mr. Yinka Fashina -National Capacity Development Adviser
- Mr. Victor Achegbulu-National Communications and Advocacy Adviser
The Nigerian Red Cross wishes the newly elected officers a fruitful tenure!